producing lasting protection for the engineering industry
surface and heat treatment experts
The engineering industry relies on suppliers capable of providing high-quality solutions, which enable them to manufacture products worry-free. With more than 60 years’ experience, Aalberts surface technologies has earned such a reputation in the engineering sector. Each day we accurately and reliably treat individual parts, small series and large series for our demanding customers. We are true specialists when it comes to industrial services.
surface technologies for a wide range of needs
Our customers expect us to provide:
- highly durable components
- limited downtime
- tools with a long service life
- optimized transport speed
- energy efficiency
Located across the globe, our experts know exactly how to meet these requirements. Using our partially patented functional coatings, we customize surfaces down to the last detail. Our component coatings offer the following benefits:
- corrosion protection: high-quality corrosion protection prevents surface damage and ensures long-lasting functionality.
- wear protection: our engineers use particularly hard layer combinations with metals or ceramics. Irrespective of the degree of strain, these treatments maximise the components’ longevity and dimensional accuracy.
- temperature resistance: to prevent heat-related damage to the functional coating, our range includes premium products which are able to withstand temperatures of up to +950°C. the outstanding quality of the nearly pore-free surface remains preserved over a long period of time.
- traction: defined friction values result in high transport speeds, especially when it comes to conveyor technology. our innovative processes create extremely homogeneous traction coatings.
- non-stick properties: featuring an extremely low level of roughness, our non-stick coatings can be cleaned quickly and without the need for chemicals or release agents.
- anti-friction properties: anti-friction coatings keep moving components running smoothly, and friction-induced energy losses low.
Below we have listed three examples that illustrate how our surface technologies are used successfully in the engineering industry:
Different aluminum components, including mold inserts, hold-down clamps, mold bases and adapter plates, are used in forming tools. The requirements placed on the components surfaces include optimized anti-friction properties and protection against corrosion and wear. To meet these requirements, we finish the parts using the HART-COAT® hard anodizing process.
The aluminum rotor of a turbomolecular pump was coated with KEPLA-COAT® white. This layer ensures increased wear protection and smooth operation under vacuum conditions.
Impression cylinders are used to hold printing plates, especially in flexographic, offset and book-printing machines. Depending on the machine specifications, these cylinders are sometimes manufactured from special aluminum alloys. To increase the cylinders’ resistance to wear, we apply HART-COAT® hard-anodized coating to their surfaces.
technologies: for all shapes, for all size
As the final step before assembly, we regularly apply the finishing touch to components, particularly in the area of mechanical engineering. This includes parts that range from a few centimetres in length, or are made up of complex geometries.
To be able to meet the engineering sector’s widely varying requirements, we provide mechanical engineering customers with a wide array of technologies, including:
Annealing, Brazing, Carbonitriding, Nitriding, Nitrocarburizing, Oxi-Nitrocarburizing, Sub-Zero treatment, Hardening, Tempering and Hot Isostatic Pressing.
Electroplating, Vacuum and nano-coating (PVD/CVD), Anodizing, Cathodic dip coating, Powder coating, Wet painting, Polymer coating, Thermal spraying, Drum coating, Dip-spin coating and Reel to reel plating.
relevant process locations
get in touch
Select your preferred process location or contact us directly.